Wednesday, June 29, 2011

....Busy Summer Days....

When I was younger I wanted to be a camp counselor, and thanks to my fantastic brother-in-law I got that opportunity.

For the past 3 Summers I have been a Resident Assistant for a summer camp known as "Summer Enrichment Program", S.E.P. for short. It's a science based camp to boost teens' self esteem and to help them realize their potential, and that they can do anything, even something big in life.

The kids have classes everyday, learning new things. It's pretty cool! I love every minute of my time there; its a great opportunity to do something great for kids, and to help them change their lives!

It's SUPER exhausting; especially waking up at 5:30 every morning. Then going to bed at 12 o'clock midnight, not fun, but worth it!

I help plan fun activities for them to do and especially ice breakers to help them meet new people and kinda get out of their comfort zone.

I miss it already. However, sadly they say that this was the last year. So I won't be able to do it again, unless they get the funds to do it.





Photo: There are the other RA's that I worked with. I know, we all look like our eyes are on fire, but what can you do when you take the picture with your phone!? I miss them all....well most of them... One of the RA's I couldn't stand, but it's over with and I don't have to see him again!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the one you couldn't stand was NOT Jamon! I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete